Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Le Garçon Sans Visage

Lend an arm for me to hold

Kiss my cheek and walk me through the door

Wrap me in your arms, the air is cold.

Look at me, without blinking, if you can,

See me radiant, glowing, as you did before

I am the weeping woman and you the man

Soft in shadows, pitiful to behold.


I would rather turn into the night

And leave you standing here, alone.

Take the candle, leaving just the white

Of the unblinking moon staring down.

If only I could not know what I have known

Sleeping beside you in a silk nightgown

When you refused to switch on the light.


He didn’t move, but with the faint light cast

Upon the trodden leaves, crisp and departed,

His shadow stretched across the ground so vast

I thought for just a moment he would follow.

Silly girl, longing for the way things started,

Naive to the infinite depths of the hollow

Boy, left alone on the dead, trodden grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment